Sunday, November 30, 2008
My Bucket List:
When the girls at Forward Progress posted this challenge to scrap your Bucket List, I thought oh wow, this is a piece of cake...I have so many things I want to do! But then it hit me. The things I want to do, are physical things. Not a big deal for most people....but for me it now presents a certain challenge. You see, several months ago I had foot surgery, and the end result has not been as expected....something terrible went wrong. Facing the possibility of not being able to walk again is a major life altering experience, but I am determined to resume my life and all it's activities. I think most of us take walking for granted...walking, like breathing, it just comes naturally, we do it without thinking. Now I have to work hard every day to build my strength so I can walk. Last week, for the first time since July, I was able to go grocery shopping without my crutches! For now my top priorities are to walk & ride a bike. Then I will tackle the items on my Bucket List and knock them out one by one!!
Liz Qualman sketch
Graphic 45 papers
My Bucket List:
* I dream of visiting Africa
* I plan to one day hike the Grand Canyon
* I hope to return to the Yukon Territory and visit Dawson City at Christmas time
* I want to walk the beaches of Brazil
* I hope to one day travel across the entire United States
* I want to travel Europe & visit Australia
* I want to drive a race car at 200 mph
* I would like to base jump off the Perrine Bridge
* I wish I could really play the piano
* I would love to own & operate a B&B
Friday, November 28, 2008
It's A Wonderful Life
This is one of my personal all time favorite movie ever!! This sentimental favorite by Frank Capra, small-town banker George Bailey (James Stewart) contemplates ending it all as his life teeters on the edge of financial ruin.
Miracle On 34th Street
The 1947 holiday classic Miracle on 34th Street is transplanted to the 1990s with few changes in this family-oriented remake. The screenplay by the prolific John Hughes sticks close to the original outline, centering on Macy's executive Dorey Walker.
The Family Stone
A woman meets her future in-laws and discovers they don't much care for her in this comedy from writer and director Thomas Bezucha. Everett Stone (Dermot Mulroney) is a successful young businessman who is dating Meredith Morton (Sarah Jessica Parker).
Starring Tom Hanks and based on the enchanting storybook written and illustrated by Chris Van Allsburg ('Jumanji'), this Christmas story reaffirms every youngster's need to believe.
Babes In Toyland ~ March of the Wooden Soldiers
March of the Wooden Soldiers is the 1952 reissue title for Hal Roach's 1934 film version of Victor Herbert's Babes in Toyland. Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy star as Stannie Dum and Ollie Dee, bumbling apprentices to the master toymaker of Toyland.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
* my loving husband
* my children....I am so proud of the remarkable adults they have become
* the ability to finally walk without the aid of crutches
* a physical therapist who encourages me
* snuggley PJ's
* a warm & comfy bed
* my new oven
* a tank full of oil, as it means we will be warm throughout the winter
* mashed potatoes & gravy
* warm fuzzy slippers
* my dog's slobbery kisses and muddy paws
* Burt's Bees lip balm
* good friends & laughter
* late night phone calls
* lavender scented lotion
* orange gatorade
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Click here for additional details!.
I just love things like this!!
In this age of social-disconnection most all of us lack that simple human touch from another, the effects of the Free Hugs Campaign are now felt around the globe. As this simple gesture of kindness and hope spread across the city, police and officials ordered the Free Hugs Campaign BANNED.
What we then witnessed was the true spirit of humanity as people came together in what can only be described as something awe inspiring.
In the spirit of the Free Hugs Campaign please pass this video to a friend and HUG a stranger! After all, you CAN make a difference.
Music by Sick Puppies. Their album was release on April 3rd and is titled "Dressed Up As Life". http://sickpuppies.net
The response to this video has been nothing short of overwhelming and touching. Hugs to every single one of you who messaged. There has been thousands of emails from all over the world from people seeking to participate in the Free Hugs Campaign and asking for permission. You don't need permission. This is the people's movement, this is *your* movement. With nothing but your bare hands you CAN make a difference.
Friday, November 21, 2008
1. I LOVED this Martha Stewart idea the moment I saw it on her TV special! The Kids Thanksgiving Table Placecards/Coloring Books - I think the Turkey coloring book is just the cutest ever!
2. A friend sent me the link to these little treats, and I just have to share them as they are so cute!! I love to cook and thought these were just the cutest little pies ever!! I know my Grandkids would enjoy making these!! Even if you aren't the Martha Stewart or Betty Crocker type, these little pies in a jar would be fun to make & eat!!
3. Canine Culinary Cuisine! My dog Miss Riley is extremely allergic and I'm always on the lookout for treats & recipes that don't contain allergens.
These two sites, The Poop & Daily Drool, offer really great recipes for homemade treats for your pampered pooch!!
4.These are my new favorite physical therapy item. The noppy texture is supposed to help desensitize the damaged nerve in my foot. Cute Birkenstocks huh!
5. I'm in love with this Amy Butler pattern and her fabric! So far I have made 5 of these bags and have a few more to finish!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
I've been tagged by Irene Blue Banana. Check out her blog.....her work will blow your mind!
So, if I have tagged you, these are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
♥ I love to be outdoors
♥ I rarely sit still
♥ I shower with my dog twice a week
♥ I enjoy cooking
♥ Lazy people annoy the hell out of me
♥ Listening to music is my favorite form of relaxation
♥ I eat dark chocolate every week
Monday, November 10, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Junk Revolution will launch it's on-line store November 10th.
To celebrate, Ki is having a great give-away! One of the products that Ki will be offering in her on-line store, are wonderful hand embellished vintage Messenger Bags.
They are made from military messenger bags, and embellished with fabric from vintage aprons, and other misc vintage trinkets; and made exclusively for Junk Revolution. You could actually win one of these bags. Simply visit the Junk Revolution website and leave a comment.
The winner of the messenger bag will be chosen at random on November 10th.
So spread the word, and best of luck to all of you.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
This layout was created using the Main kit. The Crate Paper line offers elegant papers and shimmery shapes.
These layouts were created using the November Mini Kit which features the new Fancy Pants Daily Grind collection. I must say these papers were a blast to work with!!
You can find more inspiration by visiting the MCS gallery. And while you're there, stop by the message board and say Hello!
The Holidays are fast approaching and gift giving & baking will soon be on everyone's mind.
Packaging your homemade treats in a special handmade origami box like this is a snap! This box measures 4x4x4 which is perfect for those tasty goodies like Fudge & Brittle's. You can also use these boxes to hold gifts, party favors, cookies, etc.
For this project I used the new Basic Grey Wassail line and Prima Poinsettias.
- 11-1/2" x 11-1/2" piece of patterned paper (this will be the top of the box)Here is a wonderful video tutorial on how to make origami boxes.
- 11" x 11" piece of patterned paper (the bottom of the box)
- 2" x 11" piece of card stock (scored at 1-1/4", 3-5/16", 7-1/2", and 9-5/8"
- 2 pieces of ribbon cut to approx. 12"
- misc. embellishments
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Good luck! Threads of Friendship is having a fabulous giveaway. Kylie is giving away a stylish Short and Sassy Pleated Bag by artsy-crafty babe, and to top it off.... YOU get to select the colors & fabrics! Deadline to enter is Nov.9th, so hurry on over for your chance to win.
Who wouldn't love to curl up in this lovely quilt this winter? Abbie from the Handmade Quilt-er is giving away this gorgeous quilt! She is doing this in the spirit of giving and you can read her story here. Deadline to enter is Nov 12th.
Jodi over at This That and The Other is giving away this beautiful Cute as Peppermint Sticks table runner. Perfect for the upcoming Holidays. Check our her amazing blog and you can enter to win it for free! The deadline to enter is November 6th.
Katie over at See Katie Sew is giving away all this fabric!! Wow!! I see some Amy Butler in that stash! Time to get out your sewing machines! Deadline to enter is Nov.5th.
Monday, November 3, 2008
The other day I had several hours in between doctor visits, and since I was a long ways from home, with time to kill, I decided to visit a LSS. I just couldn't resist this adorable card kit from Basic Grey. I love their new Wassail collection. I actually made these cards while sitting in my car waiting for the time to pass. This kit was super quick & easy!!
This week over at the Basic Grey challenge blog, the challenge is to make a Christmas card! Wow!! How fun is that!!