Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Bucket List



My Bucket List:

When the girls at Forward Progress posted this challenge to scrap your Bucket List, I thought oh wow, this is a piece of cake...I have so many things I want to do! But then it hit me. The things I want to do, are physical things. Not a big deal for most people....but for me it now presents a certain challenge. You see, several months ago I had foot surgery, and the end result has not been as expected....something terrible went wrong. Facing the possibility of not being able to walk again is a major life altering experience, but I am determined to resume my life and all it's activities. I think most of us take walking for granted...walking, like breathing, it just comes naturally, we do it without thinking. Now I have to work hard every day to build my strength so I can walk. Last week, for the first time since July, I was able to go grocery shopping without my crutches! For now my top priorities are to walk & ride a bike. Then I will tackle the items on my Bucket List and knock them out one by one!!

Liz Qualman sketch
Graphic 45 papers

My Bucket List:

* I dream of visiting Africa
* I plan to one day hike the Grand Canyon
* I hope to return to the Yukon Territory and visit Dawson City at Christmas time
* I want to walk the beaches of Brazil
* I hope to one day travel across the entire United States
* I want to travel Europe & visit Australia
* I want to drive a race car at 200 mph
* I would like to base jump off the Perrine Bridge
* I wish I could really play the piano
* I would love to own & operate a B&B

8 comments:

Darlene said...

What a beautiful LO and great list! I'm glad to hear you are starting to recover.

Staci Taylor said...

Wow, debbie, this is GORGEOUS!!! Love the layout and your list! And big congrats on getting out without your crutches last week - that's progress! Glad you played along! :-)

Greta Adams said...

debbie this is gorgeous...i have to second what staci said!! and congrats on your progress...
some of the things on your list is on mine too... :)

hope you had a great turkey day!!

Jennifer Davis said...

What a great list and an awesome layout to boot! Thanks for sharing!

Sheila said...

Beautiful layout! Congrats on how well your doing I hope your recovery continues!

ellen s. said...

i just adore this! you want to travel a lot like me! and that cherry paper is so awesome!

thanks for doing the challenge...we have another good one lined up ;)

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

I came here to check out your posting for MCS.....but better yet I'm seeing work I haven't seen yet!!!

Awesome page my friend!!!.....I love your bucket list!!....I think I will give this a go too!!

Thanks for your wonderful inspiration.....You know I'm a big fan of your work!! You rock my friend!!

~Gabi xx

Anonymous said...

Debbie, I'm so glad to hear you were able to go walk w/ out help for a bit. You WILL do this my friend!!! I believe in you!!!! TFS.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin